02 July 2014

It's Time to Put the Rubber to the Pavement

Here's the deal, beautiful internet people. Last month, I ran across a reading challenge on Paperbackswap tailored to people who prefer to read books in the paranormal genre. (You can find it here.) I only just recently made an account on PaperBackSwap and if you don't know what that website is, let me enlighten you briefly. You post books you have that you don't want anymore and other people post books they don't want anymore. You request books you want to read and other people request books they want to read. Somewhere in between, other people get your books and you get other people's books. You pay the postage (average of $2.69 at USPS) for the books you send out and other people pay the postage for your books. It's as simple as that.
Back to the reading challenge. The challenge officially began January 1, 2014 and ends December 31, 2014 (I assume). I realize that we're more than halfway through the year but I decided I would don the challenge anyway. There are seventeen categories (plus three bonus categories) that the paranormal books are sorted into this year from That Old Black Magic to Flesh and Blood. The goal is to read one to five books in each category by the deadline. You can receive a bronze, silver, gold, diamond or platinum status per category depending on how many books you read—bronze is one book and platinum is five books. If you read fifteen out of the total twenty categories, you become a champion. The awards are fictitious but the books are not.
I decided I’ll be attempting to read five books in all seventeen categories. I’ve started this blog to document my progress and provide reviews for the books that I read. Feel free to join me if you're so inclined. I'd love to hear about your progress!
So stick around, party folks, and enjoy the ride. 

No comments:

Post a Comment